C H A R M Brass Letter E D

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Thing 4,5,6-Flickr, etc.

OMG, Flickr is so neat! I have spent probably an hour and a half exploring Flickr and learning about all the capabilities. I watched the video and then set up my account. I uploaded 35 images, wrote titles and tags and then set up a private group so that my family can view my pictures. I created a group icon from one of my pictures and also created a unique url for my group. Then, I emailed my dad and invited him to participate in the group. We'll see if he does. Hmmm... I can definitely see that I will be using Flickr in the future for my photo collection. I created a trading card on bighugelabs.com out of a pic of my daughter and exported it to my blog. I found some neat ideas that I could use with my students such as the trading cards, puzzlemaker, dice, and calendar. It would be great if I could have my students make a calendar for their moms for Mother's Day, but they are only second graders...

This has been my favorite Thing so far! I investigated the favorite mashups and loved Flickr Spelling. I spelled out "Charmed" and inserted it on my blog. Way cool!

1 comment:

Ruthie C. said...

I just checked my google reader and saw that you had some new posts. I'm excited to explore flickr after reading your posting.